What’s New in Obedience!
- NEW BASIC OBEDIENCE CLASS will start September 17, 2019 at 7:15 pm. There will be a new 6-week Basic Obedience Class every couple of months. Please sign up to be on the Basic Obedience Class list! Check back here or on the calendar for upcoming dates and times.
- RALLY CLASS Check back.
- Puppy Pre-School (S.T.A.R. Puppy) class will start soon 7:30 PM.
- Intermediate Obedience Class – September 17 – October 22, 2019, 6:00 PM
- Tricks for Treats Workshop,Saturday, October 19, 2019, Clink link for more information.
- Obedience/Rally Fun Match Saturday, November 2, 2019. Clink link for more information. CGC and Trick Dog evaluations will be offered too!
Class descriptions are below. To sign up for classes, please fill out this form:
Prior to signing up for classes, please read:
- All dogs must have a current rabies certificate presented the first night of class.
- Dogs must be on lead and in control at all times. They should be kept on a short lead while entering and exiting class. Do not let your dog loose.
- Children must over the age of 12 in order to handle a dog in class and must be accompanied by an adult and must be able to accept and understand instruction.
- No harnesses are allowed in beginner’s class. Flat collars are allowed if the dog does not pull and can remain in control during class. We have training collars on hand for purchase for students to try out for training purposes. Please make sure that the collar you use is properly fitted and secure on your dog.
- Dogs must be able to handle a class situation. If you have a dog that shows aggression to people and other dogs we will refer you to an animal behaviorist.
- Please let us know if you are not going to be able to attend the classes you signed up for as soon as possible so we know there is an opening in the class.
- If you are interested in becoming a member, please click on MEMBERSHIP. Follow the links.
To enroll, please complete the SIGN UP FORM. *** You must provide a valid email address and/or a valid phone number when signing up for classes. If we cannot reach you to confirm your interest in a class we will give your spot to the next person on our list. Please check your email and make sure that our messages are not going to your junk files.
Beginner’s Obedience Class is a six week class teaches basic obedience commands which will helping you to make your dog a better member of your family and community. This class also is a stepping stone to the Intermediate Class and builds on skills learned in the Puppy Classes. We use positive rewards and methods to teach the basics of obedience such as focus, sit, down, stay, come, and to walk politely at your side. We also try to help with problems you may be having with your dog (barking, digging, jumping etc.). We have helpers to make sure everyone gets the help with their individual needs. Must have a current Certificate of Rabies. An email is sent to those that signed up for this class, if you have not received an email, either sign up again and include your phone number or call me at 233-1803. Looking forward to meeting you all! Lori
Eligibility: Dogs must be 6 months or older.
Class size: Limited to 8 teams.
Intermediate Class is a six week class and is a continuation of the skills taught in The BEGINNER’s OBEDIENCE CLASS strengthening the basic obedience skills and helping to develop stronger teamwork between handler and dog. The class also stresses the importance of a well-mannered dog and puts emphasis on skills needed to pass the AKC Canine Good Citizen Test (CGC). You will have the opportunity to take the CGC test given by an approved AKC CGC Evaluator at the end of the class, if desired. Please sign up using the form below.
Prerequisite: Successfully complete the Basic Beginner’s Obedience Class or obtain approval from instructor.
Class size: Limited to 8 teams.
Advanced Class is a six week class which works on improving the dog’s response to commands – it can be a gateway to obedience competition or just an additional way to have a more well-trained companion. This class begins the formal development of core competition obedience skills. Examples of what is covered in this class are: precise heeling, recalls with fronts and finishes, focus, added distractions, distance work, and off leash work. Please sign up using the form on the right. Advanced Class will be announced at a later date.
Prerequisites: Dogs should be able to quickly respond to the basic commands (sit, down, come, stay) and have reasonable attention with handler.
Class Size: Limited to 6 teams