What’s New in Obedience!
- NEW BASIC OBEDIENCE CLASS will start June 11, 2019 at 7:30 pm. There will be a new 6-week Basic Obedience Class every couple of months. Please sign up to be on the Basic Obedience Class list! Check back here or on the calendar for upcoming dates and times.
- NEW RALLY CLASS will start June 11, 2019 at 6:15 pm. Sign up under Classes and Events!
- Puppy Pre-School (S.T.A.R. Puppy) class will start March 20, 2019 7:30 PM.
- Intermediate Obedience Class – Check back in the Autumn.
- Tricks for Treats Workshop,Saturday, October 19, 2019, Clink link for more information.
- Obedience/Rally Fun Match Saturday, November 2, 2019. Clink link for more information. CGC and Trick Dog evaluations will be offered too!
These sessions emphasize developing good social skills in you puppy during the first few months. The focus is on socialization with other puppies through play, interaction with a variety of people, and experiencing different environments and surfaces. These sessions are open to puppies from 10 weeks to 4 months of age. These are drop-in sessions, so no pre-registration is required. They are held every Wednesday from 6:30pm to 7:15pm. There is a $5 charge per session.
This class is designed to get your puppy off to a great start in being a well-behaved family member. Puppies will be introduced to basic commands such as sit, down, coming when called, walking nicely on a leash, and much more. Common puppy problems (biting, jumping, barking, etc.) will also be addressed. All training will be done with positive, reward-based methods, using treats and toys, so that puppies learn that learning is fun. The only equipment needed is a buckle collar and 6ft. leash and plenty of small soft treats.
This 6 week class is open to puppies from 4 months to 10 months of age. At the end of this class, puppies will be eligible to earn the AKC S.T.A.R. Puppy Certificate.
Class is held on Wednesday from 7:30pm to 8:15pm at a cost of $60.